Sunday, July 27, 2008

Time has officially stopped...

Everyday I hear comments like "this summer has just flown by," "where has the summer gone," "school is almost back in session," or even worse "hasn't your pregnancy gone fast?" People are constantly reminding me to treasure this time because my life will never be the same once the baby is here. Treasure the fact I don't have to take a diaper bag every where I go, or a car seat, or record feedings and diaper changes. The truth is....I catch myself crossing days off on the calendar, wishing myself into the beginning of September, it's even become as bad as looking forward to Monday just so that it would be the start of a new week. (yes, this is the same girl that eight months ago thought weekends were national holidays) However, each Monday is one week closer to holding our new baby, kissing her, and seeing her for the first time. Every week that goes by is one week closer to being with Travis. He is exactly 1438.48 miles which is 20 hours/59 minutes away according to the website Mapquest. (I obviously have way to much time on my hands)

I catch myself watching moms with strollers in malls, restaurants, and parks. (perhaps even a bit jealous) I have read countless books/magazines on giving birth and parenting. I even caught myself verbally consoling my horse Honey today. Assuring him that the baby was coming and I would be riding him again soon. I can't even imagine my tummy getting any bigger! I wonder if she is getting crowded in there or how in the world does she have any more room to grow. I wonder what she is thinking about or if she likes what I ate for lunch. They say that babies can hear voices while in the womb. I talk to her all the time, read to her, and even sing to her (poor kid). We have recently started playing a game together...She kicks or punches on one side of my stomach and I push her back with my fingers in the same spot. This mantra goes on for ten to twenty minutes until one of us wears down. (usually me) I wonder what her personality will be like. I wonder if she will have brown eyes like me or big blue eyes and long eyelashes like her dad. I wonder if she will be two weeks early, right on time, or two weeks late! July 2008 has almost come to an end, the clock on my oven seems to have stopped, and I am going to probably keep wishing myself into September despite all of the warnings... The person that came up with the saying "Carpe Diem" (Latin for Seize the Day) was obviously NOT eight months pregnant!

No comments: