Monday, July 7, 2008
Birthing Class #2
Tonight we covered topics such as water birth, staying hydrated during labor, walking, different positions, and massage during labor. Then there was "when do I actually need to go to the hospital," "signs of danger," and "what to pack prior to the hospital." I live forty minutes from the nearest hospital, so I constantly have visions of giving birth on the way in a car! Which my instructor Ann ensured me (10X) that would not happen with my first child. (might the second child but not the first :-) She actually said first time moms are on average in labor for 12-18 hours. (who signs up for this stuff?) For a first time mom I think I have most of my fears under control, by far the greatest fear I have is that Travis won't be here for the birth. (Either the baby comes a week early or three weeks late) That would break my heart.... It's completely out of my control but it wouldn't hurt any less.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment