Tuesday, July 22, 2008

One of the best days of my life!

Yesterday was pretty low.... The pregnancy syndrome I contracted was taking it's toll, but only to be followed by today which is probably one of the happiest days of my life. I just found out from my job that I am ABSOLUTELY/WITHOUT A DOUBT eligible for 18 weeks of maternity/child bonding leave (if we lived in Canada it would be 52 weeks, what an amazing country!). So if I had the baby on September 7th I wouldn't have to go back to work until January 15th!!!!!!! I may always be a working mom, but the fact I will be able to stay at home with our little girl for that long makes me so happy I could CRY!!! I did CRY...I am CRYING!!! The whole topic has been a pretty sore subject for me the past few months. I hated the idea of leaving our baby after 8 weeks. As I wrote before, the baby and I will be leaving to be with Travis in Alberta once her passport arrives. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. What a wonderful day!!!

No comments: