I am now back from Sioux Falls, SD. I spent Friday and Saturday hanging out with my brother Ian. Friday we went to the gym and he kept me company while I did water aerobics. Then we went for dinner at a local Mexican restaurant. Ian was worried the spicy food would hurt the baby. I had to laugh... Isn't that so sweet? Then we went and saw the new movie Handcock. We both laughed and had a great time.
Saturday we drove three hours from Sioux Falls to Aberdeen. Ian played in a scramble charity golf tournament and I was the team caddie. I drove the cart, took pictures, and cheered when any of his teammates made "contact" with the ball.
On the way home from the tournament I informed him of the baby's negotiables and non-negotiables. First the non-negotiables 1. She will do her very best in school at all times 2. She will know how to play golf/competently/comfortably at a young age. 3. She will play "SOME" type of musical instrument of her choice 4. She will participate in some type of athletic activity of her choice. 5. No matter what activity she chooses she will always finish the season out. 6. She will have chores. The negotiables will be 1. She will always choose the sports she plays 2. She chooses the instruments too 3. She will choose her after-school activities. I am sure those will be slightly modified throughout her life but for now those are them!
Thanks again to Ian for letting his "really" pregnant moderately boring sister tag along all weekend. I had such a great time! He constantly checked on me..."Do you need water? Should you be eating that? Are you comfortable? Do we need to get home so you can rest? Are you having fun? Is that good for the baby? Is the baby moving? When did the baby move last? Is the temperature OK? Do you need a jacket? Are you hungry? You CAN'T eat that...because pregnant women aren't supposed to!" I am sure there were more but this baby has effected my memory ;-) Pictures to follow soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment