I rarely get to write much about Travis and his family, but I was able to meet his mother over this past Easter. We keep in touch over the computer as much as possible. In the few short hours I spent with her she is probably one of the sweetest, most calm, kind, and caring woman I have ever met. Somewhere beneath all of that is a pretty strong individual too considering she raised 4 boys and 1 girl! (that's a total of five pregnancies...completely beyond my comprehension at this point.) She is always so encouraging to me and I am looking forward to her meeting the baby. Here was her note.... I am glad you have another plan and it sounds good to me. That is a long drive with a new baby but maybe one of us can come down and help you out. We will wait till it gets closer and see how things are going. A friend of mine that lives here in Kelowna has a son living in the states and they came up for a visit with their new baby and it only took 5 days to get her passport. Maybe you will get lucky and it won't take too long. I was pregnant with Travis in the heat of the summer and it was miserable some days ( but sooo worth it in the end). Anyways kiddo take care and we'll talk again soon. Lots of hugs ...Peggy
So there ya have it! Women do survive having babies over the summer. I am already very blessed to have people like Peggy in my child's life. I heard an African Proverb a months ago that I firmly believe is true..."It takes an entire village to raise a child." Well....it's going to take TWO COUNTRIES FOR US!!! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment