One more birthing class to go! I have truly enjoyed each week. This week we mainly covered the different types of pain medicines you can take during labor. I am by no means a marter and I have signed the papers necessary for an epidural. However, I really would like to go through labor/delivery drug free IF POSSIBLE. That's a really big IF!!!
From what I am told by my new provider, if I were to go into labor today I would probably be in a lot of pain. The baby's body is lying on my right side. You really want their whole body to be on your left side. They still can come out fine from the right, it just causes mom (aka...me) hard back labor and possible nerve pain. (completely explaining why I used to have horrible nerve pain running down only my right hip) My mom had such horrible back labor/nerve pain with her first that she was easily convinced to have a c-section. My chiropractor assures me that through adjusting my pelvis we should be able to get her to move. I am trusting her, after all she is the reason I have physically survived the last three weeks. My amazing mental support staff (you know who you are;-) would be the reason I have made it eight months! My good childhood friend Katie Bontrager wrote me a sweet note today....
"I know you are dying for "labor day", but my advice would be to enjoy these last few weeks you have before parenthood. Sleep a lot (as much as your aches, pain and bladder will allow!), go to movies and out to dinner. It won't be nearly as enjoyable after baby! :) Even though I didn't feel like cooking in the least, I cooked a few extra things and put them in the freezer for after baby, and was so thankful I did! Katie"
She is right! I am really going to TRY and enjoy this next month. I have one week left of birthing class. I have grown pretty attached to my instructor Ann, but I am looking forward to my Infant CPR and Breastfeeding 101 classes.
No comments:
Post a Comment