Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Birthing Class #3

So I think Melissa (the other FTM in the class) and I are feeling pretty comfortable with our instructor Ann. Last night we grilled her on every question we had on our minds. After all, you basically hear 90% of everyone's horror stories and 2% of their encouraging tories when you are pregnant. She just smiled and answered each one not paying any attention to the fact we weren't on our scheduled agenda. Our questions ranged from "what if we are two weeks over due?," to "can we drive during contractions," to "exactly how many false alarms can women have?"...you get the point. They may seem like funny questions but when you have seven weeks to go they really seem to haunt first time moms like me :-) After class she informed us we would be lengthening the class by one extra week. She is such a blessing...She just knows (Ruth syndrome) that we both are nervous and each time we meet with her our nerveousness turns to excitement. I am getting a lot less nervous and a lot more excited every day! (Like Christmas in September!)

I do have wonderful news from up North! Travis just finished the sale of his house and purchased a condo in Okatoks, AB. (I am not going to lie, it was my favorite of the towns he was considering due to its location) I think that his stress level just went from a 10 to 2 over night. We talk on the phone each night and his voice was full of relief! (no one reading this blog wants to know how much we both spend on our phone bills each month) But I would like to document this piece of information for the record. So as of last week we have a NEW plan... Plan 742: We will have the baby here in Nebraska. A day after she is born we will both be in the passport office applying for her US passport. Once we receive her passport (2-3 weeks) we will pack the car and be driving up to Alberta to be with Travis. I will be on maternity leave for 12-18 weeks. So during that time we just plan on being together with absolutely no idea how the rest of our story will turn out. All I know is that we have 12-18 weeks after she is born to figure it all out. I realize this plan seems a bit rough, but I love having a plan and it will have to work for now! I am not exactly sure how much fun it is going to be driving with a newborn to Canada, but we plan on taking it really slow the whole way.

No comments: