When I found out I was pregnant I made a vow that I was going to do everything possible to stay healthy throughout the rest of this pregnancy. I ran up until the 5th month and when that got to difficult I began swimming and continued light weightlifting. I attempt to go to the gym 3-5 days per week. I thought that if I could just stay healthy I would never have to endure any of the "So Called" pregnancy pains. Well folks....About the 5 month of this lovely pregnancy I started getting terrible lower back pain and the most horrific nerve pain down my right hip (called Siatica). I couldn't believe it! My plan had completely failed! I told my doctor and he informed me it was just part of the whole deal (basically just stop complaining). Because of the pain I could only sleep for 1-2 hours at a time. When I would wake up the pain was so bad I would just lay there and stare at the wall. My mood and over health was slow deteriorating and I was just trying to "suck it up."
Well after my first birthing class I talked to my instructor Ann about the pain. She said that many women have to go to a Chiropractor during pregnancy. I was VERY skeptical... She assured me that it was completely SAFE for the baby and me. That was on Monday (5 days ago) and by Wednesday I was desperate. I hadn't slept, lost my appetite, and wasn't sure how I was going to make it for 2 more months. I called Dr. Grieser's office (specializes in pregnant women and kids) and made an appointment. I went in yesterday afternoon for the first time. I told Dr. Grieser I was skeptical and she informed me that she could help me and that even the baby would be happier because more blood flow would get to my cervix (ok...now I am listening!) After 20 minutes of working on my back she sent me home. The true test would be if I could sleep longer then 2 hours. Well...... I went to bed at 9pm and just woke up at 6am to my baby kicking my tummy!!!!!! I couldn't believe it! My back feels great and I was so excited I wanted to call Travis and my whole family (I didn't because it was 5am their time...but I wanted to :-) I didn't have one ounce of hip pain and I had all of this renewed energy. For now...I feel like my old self again :-) I know a lot of people don't believe in Chiropractic. I didn't yesterday, but when you are desperate you would do just about anything. So it's officially the 4th of July. Independence Day! I am going to celebrate because I feel like celebrating! Believe it or not it's true...a pure miracle :-) I was so excited that I voted this story Blog worthy.
No comments:
Post a Comment