I can't remember ever wanting it to be August. August meant back to school, the end of summer vacation, the end to beautiful weather and longer days of light. Now I couldn't be more happy it's August! Because August is one month closer to September!
I now have prenatal appointments once a week. This past Wednesday I went for my appointment and my new provider told me that most moms have their babies somewhere between one week before OR one week after their "expected" due date. She is pretty down to earth. She said if I do go into labor I should just call her and then stop by her office before I go to the hospital (if it is during the day). She said first time moms work themselves into a panic but that I should not be afraid because it was a natural process that my body will have no problems doing on its own. Afraid? I'm not afraid! I couldn't be more ready! Let's get this show on the road!
Then she went on to tell me how just last week she helped a mom deliver an eleven pound baby standing up without ANY medication or complications... Wait a minute. Let's not get carried away. 11 pounds!!! I was thinking a nice 7.4 lbs baby would be just fine. She also said she had another mom that made it through 15 hours of labor and decided she was done. That she was finished going through labor and that she was just going to leave the hospital and go home. Everyone in her delivery room secretly laughed inside. My provider said some women make crazy threats towards their husbands/boyfriends, scream at everyone, or just labor in silence. She went on to say there would most likely be a time during labor I may say things that are completely irrational and emotional, but by the end I will have no idea what I said or have any recollection of the thoughts I was having during that stage. (sounds more like a psychiatric ward) Heck, that's why I blog...I can't remember what I was thinking a month ago! All I know is that it's Friday the 1st day of August and I couldn't be more pleased.
No comments:
Post a Comment