Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Grand Hospital Tour

I (along with five other expecting couples) took the official hospital tour this evening. We were taken through the birthing suites, postpartum rooms, c-section suites, NICU, nursery, and most importantly the cafeteria. It was amazing to say the least. Every time a baby is born in this hospital a soft lullaby is played throughout the delivery floor. So of course I teared up when it started playing on our tour and than out of no where you could hear a blood curling scream. Definitely healthy lungs on that little one! It was such beautiful noise! At the end of the tour we filled out all of the pre-admittance paperwork so that when I went into labor I would be ready and not waiting for papers to be signed. (kind of like the under 10 items express lane at the grocery store)

Oh, but this story does not end there...I than took a second tour on my own called "Has anyone seen my keys?" Yes, I lost my car keys on the tour. And of course, the very last place I checked I found them. I tried to explain to the front desk lady that my brain cells had been sucked deep into my abdominal area and that I was really hoping they would return after my little girl had arrived. The lady assured me that they would never return, but that she was happy I found my keys.

No comments: