

Once again today the hormones are getting the best of me. I just said goodbye to my beautiful, amazing, and talented Buckskin horse Honey this morning. I can't stop crying. It feels like I lost my best friend. Honey has been such a great companion to me. From rodeos, barrel bashes, to trail rides, and children rides, this horse has been the greatest friend to me. Once I found out I was pregnant, I could no longer ride him. I would go and brush or lunge him but it just wasn't the same. I miss him. I miss riding him so much!!! Before I was pregnant I rode 5 to 6 times a week.
He is now headed to Colorado where I have a friend that plans on riding him in ranch rodeos this fall. After the fall season, Honey is going to go stay with my Uncle Dale until I can pick him back up next spring. After all, I can't even fit in my saddle anymore because my belly extends past the saddle horn. I know this is what is best for him right now. I can't stand it when I see horses that are neglected or go un-riden for months. I am sad...and that's ok...goodbye for now Honey...I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment