Monday, August 18, 2008

The Complaint Jar

Desperate times call for desperate measures... I have recently caught myself in a sad vicious cycle. I will be at work, out with friends, or family and people will ask me..."How are you feeling?" I answer "Fine...outside of the fact I would like to amputate my lower back." Or they ask me "Why are you still working?" I answer, "because I am pregnant and therefore borderline crazy!" The truth is...I hate being around people that complain all the time. I hate hearing myself complain...(I don't even like writing about complaining because if feels like I am complaining.) When I coached soccer we had an absolutely under no circumstance do we ever complain policy.

The truth is I have so much to be grateful for right now!!!! I think I better make a list. 1. I have a healthy and happy baby girl on the way. 2. I have a great boyfriend. 3. I have an amazing family 4. I have the type of friends that you can always count on. 5. I am extremely healthy. 6. I have a flexible and stable job
7. I drive a company vehicle that never breaks down. 8. I live in a town where there is a zero crime rate.... This list could go on for hours but I am sure you get the point.

I want my little girl to always be grateful too. I want her to say thank you and always recognize that we are so blessed!!! But I can't expect her to be that way if I don't hold myself to the same standard. I don't want to be a hypocrite. So, I have come to a conclusion....I have started a complaint jar. Yes...a complaint jar. Each time I complain I am going to put $1 dollar into the complaint jar. If I start today I would be out 5 dollars already!!So I will start tomorrow!!! ha ha I haven't decided what the money will go towards just yet, I was thinking perhaps my daughter's college fund? Gosh...I hope it doesn't add up to that much!

If anything else this will be a good wake up call and help me recognize my attitude problem. I am grateful! I absolutely love my life and wouldn't trade it for anyone elses in the whole wide world.

No comments: