Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dr. Phillip McNeely

Due to my job, I probably know almost every family physician in Lincoln and the surrounding areas. Making it very difficult to choose just one to care for our baby girl. After all, I have known most of them for 4-5 years and I would consider a lot of them friends. I ended up choosing Dr. Phillip McNeely because he has 12 children of his own and is one of the kindest docs I know. I figured if he could raise 12 healthy children he surely would take great care of our little girl! (That and one day while I was working he just came out and asked me if he could be our baby's doctor.) He said he would love to visit us at the hospital! How in the world could I say NO to that? He is orgininaly from Red Deer, Alberta and is constantly asking when he can meet Travis. So it is only fitting that she have a Canadian doctor here in the US. It's my measly attempt to protect her heritage!!lol I can't exactly say Nebraska is largely populated by Canadians.

Tonight I am off to a three week long infant care class. Here are the specifics:
08/14/08: 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Learn the basics of infant care for your baby's first months in this 3-session course covering bathing, feeding, safety, dad's role, diapering, holding, burping, car seat safety, characteristics of newborns, and ways to soothe a fussy baby--including infant massage techniques. CPR and choking intervention for infants and children is also covered.

We will see how it goes!!!

No comments: