the parents that made it possible! A funny story.... I ran into two Ajax players at the
mall on Thursday evening and they just sat down and talked to me for an hour. They weren't scared or nervous....We just sat and talked/laughed about summer plans, the baby, and how they planned on getting more money out of their parents. It made me laugh... I guess I don't have the scary intimidation factor anymore. (it was all an effective act :-)
What we accomplished on the field was pretty amazing, but the fact that one player donated 10 inches of hair to Locks of Love, two others taught soccer moves 1-10 to a younger girl's soccer team, two more volunteered at a local nursing home, one player told her mother she wouldn't make excuses why her soccer homework wasn't done, and one decided she would have her OWN garage sale to earn money (perhaps a business owner one day?) Those character stories are what it's all really about folks!
That's a good way to go out as a coach and into momhood! Ten years of coaching and I a feel like a winner....



No comments:
Post a Comment