Monday, June 30, 2008

First Birthing Class

Tonight was my first birthing class. I am taking a four week long birthing class at the St. Elizabeth Hospital. There are only four people in the class. (Ann the instructor, a couple Melissa & Ryan, and myself (my mom was here for the first week) At first I found it to be odd that the class was so small, but by the end of the three hours I was grateful for the individual attention. Ann is a wealth of knowledge and I found it to be so comforting that everything I have been experiencing is perfectly normal. (whatever normal is when you are thirty pounds heavier :-) For every question I had she had a thorough and kind answer. Prior to the class I thought I had a rough idea of what to expect. Boy was I ever wrong! I had no idea the human body was capable of such an amazing metamorphosis. Ann sent us home with homework assignments. There was so much to remember...breathing, relaxing, contractions, exercises, stages of labor, and if all else fails just start breathing again!!! I feel like I am preparing for another college soccer preseason again! In a way it's hard to think of the pain I will be in, however the results were always so gratifying. One class down and three to go!

No comments: