Travis gave me a weekend in Banff for Christmas this past year. I can't imagine many men signing up to take their almost nine month pregnant wife anywhere...but he did! There are not many winter activities for pregnant women, but we lived it up at the Rimrock Resort (fitting isn't it?) We ate and ate and ate! From fancy breakfast buffets, to fondue, to fancy coffees, to the best lobster I have ever had... It was incredible to sit down to a meal and not be cutting someone else's food, wiping someone else's face, or feeding someone. I completely forgot what that was like for one whole weekend!
It was great for us to get away, talk, reconnect, rest, and enjoy the peace and quiet. I love my kids but I also love my alone time with my husband. After all, I will be with him for the next 50 years! So on Saturday we took the Banff Gondola up Sulphur Mountain. The view was incredible. The company was incredible. The weekend was incredible. He even ended the weekend by buying me a prego massage at the hotel spa. He spoiled me to pieces... but it was nice. And I loved every minute of it :-)
2 comments:
Way to go, Travis! You both look so happy.
Love,
Oma
Looks like so much fun! Glad you had a good weekend away!
Post a Comment