Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Off to Granny's House We Go

So let's just get something out on the table... I am not domestically skilled...at all! When I was growing up other little girls were learning to sew, knit, and bake pastries, I was juggling a soccer ball on my head or shooting free throws or studying. I am now thirty and I probably am as domesticated as a five year old. I don't place blame on my mother. She did try to make me into a girly girl... However with two brothers it was a lost cause! (I am sure my Dad is reading this and laughing)
So today was a big day for me! I went to Travis' Grandmother's house for knitting lessons. Yes...your eyes are not deceiving you. I am officially a beginning knitter. She offered to teach me and I thought to myself, "When would I ever get another opportunity to learn?" She was very patient with me. I will tell you that juggling a soccer ball on my head is FAR easier than knitting but I sure enjoyed learning. Jaya was an angel. She slept through the whole lesson in her car seat. (I did end up rocking her with my foot half way through) So there you have it...watch out Martha Stewart you now have competition. Ok.ok..one lesson and I am already talking smack.

2 comments:

Joe Ross said...

You got that right Rimini, I am reading this and yes I am laughing! Love ya lots, Dad

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh, remembering when Hunter was born. All I had was the wind up swing...30min. at a time! LOL! Michaela