I have so much to write about from the past 4 weeks. I have been on a bit of a Blog Maternity leave (if there is such a thing). Jaya Joy just went down for a nap so I am taking a minute to update all of you on our great adventure! When I have a free hour I will write about her birth, labor, and first few days at home. For now, I will start this blog from last Thursday, September 11th 2008. With the truck packed full and my car attached to the back Travis, Jaya Joy, and I set out on our great journey to Okotoks, Canada. Travis and Jaya were fantastic travelers. I was a champ for about 20 hours out of the 40 hour trip. We stopped, ate, and walked around every 2-3 hours. For most men that would be ultimate torture, but Travis was great and took it all in stride! We drove through Nebraska and most of Wyoming on Thursday. We spent most of Friday driving through Montana. We arrived at the border around 8pm and were both pretty anxious about this part of the trip. After 45 minutes and several questions later the border patrol man welcome the 2 Canadians and 1 American into Canada!(I wondered ....why not 1 Canadian and 2 Americans!)
We arrived into Okotoks around 12:30am on Saturday morning. I had some how successfully escaped driving the ENTIRE trip! wahooo!!! We were all exhausted. We were glad to be out of the truck and at home. Since then we have unpacked, Travis has returned to work, I have been to Walmart, Grandpa Hickey's, church,and Starbucks!(just the necessities :-)
Today, the cable guy instaled internet and UNLIMITED long distance service to the US. Please email me if you want our new phone number! Needless to say we are doing fantastic! I am still convinced Travis and I were blessed with the greatest baby in the world. She will be 3 weeks old tomorrow and has only had two rough nights. She is happy, very healthy, and joyful...with a touch of occasional flatulance. Travis is doing well and adjusting to life with two women. I actually think it is starting to grow on him. As for me, I love being a mom more than anything in the world. I went from talking about Hypertension and Cardiac Health a month ago to being peed on twice today. I wouldn't trade it for the WORLD!!! I will occasionally catch her smiling and staring at me and it melts my heart. My days are spent bathing Jaya, singing to her, reading to her, her napping, errand running, and looking forward to Travis coming home from work. That's all for now, but we really hope all of you will stay in touch!
No comments:
Post a Comment