Friday, October 14, 2011

An Entitlement Generation

To My Children,

I am old school.   I admit it!  When a pregnant or elderly person gets on the bus or train, you give them your seat.  You don't deserve anything in life you earn it!  Like Grandpa Joe (the king of one liners) always says, "If you don't work you don't eat."  After you have finished supper at your or somebody else's house you help clean up.  Life is not always easy and life is not always fair. If you have two feet, two legs, and a healthy brain you can get a job.  (or just a healthy brain!) I am really trying to raise you this way.  I can't stand the entitlement mentality.  I can't stand the idea that someone else is responsible for your happiness.  It's ok to go out into the world and make mistakes, but it's not ok for you to think the world owes you something.  I love you and I saw this picture today and wanted you to know where I stand....

Love all of you so much, Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister. You are right on!.. I am going to send this to my email friends.
Love you,
mom