Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sleep Deprivation

I know sleep deprivation won't last forever, but right now it just feels that way. This was almost to the minute my night last night...

7:30pm Put all three girls to bed with VICS on their feet and humidifier in Elynn's room
9:30pm Drag myself to bed
9:31 Get a text message from Travis telling me he is headed to the hot tub. (he is in Arizona for work)
10:00 I fall asleep
10:13 Jaya runs into my room complaining about her right ear hurting
10:14 I get Jaya some Advil and she crawls in bed with me
10:30 -11:30 Jaya coughs for one hour straight. (dilemma the humidifier is already going in Elynn's room. We don't have two of them)
11:31 I put more VICS on Jaya's feet with socks.
12pm  Jaya coughs more so I carry her back to her bed
12:05 Jaya wants me to lay down with her for comfort
12:55 Rimini starts crying and wants to nurse
12:56 Take Rimini back to bed with me and nurse her for 30 minutes
1:30 Put Rimini back in her crib
1:45am Jaya is back in my room coughing up a lung. 
2:30 Jaya is kicking me in the head so I put a pillow between us
3:40 Rimini wakes up and wants to nurse again (Jaya's coughing wakes her up)
4:15 Put Rimini back in her crib
5:44 Rimini wants to come to bed with me because Jaya keeps waking her up
6:40 Rimini poops her diaper and is ready to play
6:55 Jaya wakes up to tell me her ear does not hurt anymore and she is ready for breakfast.
7:15 Elynn wakes up calling out for Dad
7:30 I make eggs, bacon, and toast
7:45 Talk to Travis and he asks me how the night went....
8am Jaya tells me she is ready for a nap because she is so tired

It's nights like this I just want to cry.  It won't help anything.  But I still feel like crying.  I fully understand that sleep deprivation is a form a torture used in some countries....On the bright side. Elynn didn't make a peep...

No comments: