Friday, September 16, 2011

We have a two year old...almost...

I posted this as my status on facebook a few days ago...


"I now know why people do not have children back to back for three years in a row. When one exits the terrible two's one enters them. (While the last one starts teething!) Whatever is left of my post prego hair I may pull out :-)"
 
The twos were often difficult for Jaya and I.  At times she wouldn't listen, blatantly disobeyed anything I asked, cried at the drop of a hat,  her favorite word was NO, and I thought she basically didn't like me.  She turned three and wallah! She tells about 8x a day how much she loves me, she is extremely helpful, she is polite, she is funny, and quite the good listener.  However, my dear sweet Elynn has decided to enter the terrible twos 4 months early.  Her new favorite word is NO, sometimes I don't even think she likes me,  runs the opposite direction of where I need her to, throws food, annoys both sisters, and sometimes hits, scratches, or bites. ARGH  However, I have hope!  Jaya made it through!  Elynn will make it through, just in time for Rimini to go through it.   We will love her, hold her, kiss her, and teach her through it.  I am so glad to know that this really is a stage.  We will survive...Oh yes....we will....
 
Sometimes I think they should come with a Warning: "Caution contents may explode at anytime."

No comments: