Sunday, June 13, 2010

Our First Health Scare

Elynn woke up at 1am Friday morning violently vomiting. It continued on throughout the night until she was so pale and weak she could barely move. I held her and fed her most of the night, but it would be shortly followed by throwing up. We took her to the emergency room around 7am. The doctor was unsure of what was causing it. They treated her with Zophran. She stopped vomiting and was fed electrolytes orally. It broke my heart. I felt helpless. I was scared. I prayed...A LOT. She slept most of the day. Fever off and on... She and I stayed at the hospital from 7am til 2:30pm. (Travis and Jaya waited at home) It's now Sunday and she is still not her cheerful self... She is clammy, warm, she cries a lot, and now teething to top it off. It is so awful to see your baby sick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will have many other opportunities to be frightened for your children. You will alsolearn that you will spend many hours on your knees praying for their, health,safety, and future.
Blessings,
Oma