Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving just isn't the same anymore in Canada. It's lost it's magic. There are a lot of wonderful things about Canada, but celebrating US Thanksgiving would not be one of them. Stores are open, people are at work, and no one is around to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. It's hard living here on Thanksgiving. I am scared Jaya will grow up without the wonderful, magical memories of Thanksgiving that I had as a child into my adulthood.

We went over to another American friend's house today for dinner. His family was here to celebrate with him from the States. We had a wonderful Turkey dinner and great conversation. It made me more homesick than ever for my family. I think Jaya and I skyped my parents 3 times during the day. It felt like we were missing out....It's been a hard day. I am homesick....

No comments: