Friday, Travis and I left Jaya with a babysittter for the first time. A girl from church that runs the nursery watched her for us. Travis took me to a Flames Professional Hockey game in Calgary. I had an absolute blast!!!! He is patiently teaching me the in's and out's of hockey. I try and corolate it with soccer but it's still a slow process. We ate all the types of food that would give you a heart attack!!! The game was incredible... It went into overtime and the Flames ended up winning 4-3. It was great spending time together. He is not only a great dad but also a great boyfriend!
Saturday took a turn for the worse. I would like to officially dispell a myth. I was told that breastfed babies never got a cold. Well...Jaya came down with her first cold on Saturday morning. It was aweful. I was sucking boogers out with a bulb and sticking saline drops down her nose. We had the humidifier going and baby vics fumigating the condo. She was miserable and I was worried the whole day. I just held her and watched her sleep. By Sunday morning the cold was mostly gone. She was still worn out but she was breathing better. I pray we don't go through that ever again. You really never know what worrying is until you become a parent.
No comments:
Post a Comment