The white dress Jaya is wearing is the dress I wore when I was dedicated. My great grandmother made it and it now fits my daughter. Jaya wore it to Thanksgiving dinner at Great Granny's House this past Sunday. Yes...that is not a typo...Thanksgiving in October! It's pretty great that we will be celebrating Thanksgiving TWICE this year!!! Who wouldn't want that?
Everything thing is going well here. I have made more friends, just joined a coed indoor soccer team (with a Nazi coach :-), like my church, love our weekends with Travis, still can't knit well, scrub poop stains out of onzies, am a self-confessed Skype aholic, take hundreds of pictures of Jaya doing absolutely nothing, am part of an elite stroller club (ok...so I may be the only member), still trying to lose the last 12 pregnancy pounds, and I find myself enjoying children's books more than Jaya does!!! Jaya is now 6 and half weeks old and she brings us so much JOY! She is smiling more and more every day, she loves to hear her dad sing, she holds her head up, she never makes a peep when her diaper is being changed, and she was at her first hockey game last Friday. We love getting updates from all of you back home in the US, so if you read this blog please send me an email when you get a free minute. We love hearing from all of you too!
No comments:
Post a Comment