I went into labor at 2:18am on Monday morning. My contractions were approx 5 minutes apart until 11am the next morning. Travis convinced me to go to the hospital at 11am. When we checked in I was having horrible back labor. I was dilated to 4 centimeters and was far enough along they wanted to keep me at the hospital. Travis helped me walked stairs for over an hour to help progress labor. We returned back to the delivery room where I sat in the shower on a birthing ball for over an hour and a half. Unfortunately a feel in the shower on my back and hit my head. I thought I was fine. Once out of the shower the back pain became much worse. Contractions were 2-3 minutes apart. I was in terrible pain!!! The midwife checked me and told us the baby was op. Which meant she was facing the wrong way. That is why I was having such terrible back labor. She recommended I get an epidural. Once the epidural was in I felt relief on just the right side of my body. Still horrible back labor on the left. I pushed for an hour and baby Rimini was born. I was happy to escape with only a first degree tear.
I feel in love the second I saw her! Travis and I debated over a middle name for two days. Then he made up Rayabelle. Raya means friend in Hebrew and belle is beautiful in Italian. It was perfect! We left the hospital on the 6th. We are so blessed...
1 comment:
Congrats!
Post a Comment