Jaya and I spent from 9am to 11:30am at Parentlink. It's an indoor play center down the street. It's Jaya's most favorite weekly activity now. For moms, there is a support group every Friday from 10am-11am. Today's topic was how to deal with meal time issues. It felt like an AA meeting..."My name is Rimini, and yes, I am a stay-at-home-mom. My daughter is 15 months old and our baby is due in 23 days." It sounds like several mothers have been going to these meetings for years! The basic consensus was, life would be perfect if we could all feed our kids dinner at 4:30pm.
All of our children have melt downs due to hunger and exhaustion at 4:30pm. I thought I was the only one with this problem. Turns out, every mom there has the same one!
Needless to say, Parentlink has thousands of toys for Jaya to play with and several kids she enjoys watching. We will be there a lot this winter...In hopes of avoiding a winter like last year. I think groundhog syndrome is an actual disorder up here in the North Pole.
No comments:
Post a Comment