Monday, December 7, 2009

We Are In Labor

Last night I joked to Travis. ""Gee, I really hope we don't have this baby tonight because we are not ready!" Sure enough....I woke up at 2:30 in the morning to a huge puddle. My water broke and we are only 36 weeks and 6 days along. Travis rushed and started the truck due to the fact it's -20 degrees here. We went to the High River Hospital and they tested me to confirm whether my water broke. And yes, my water had broke... It's really hard to mistake...But they tested me anyway. They sent me home around 4am. We all slept from 4am-6:30am. I took a shower and Travis got Jaya ready. I have been begging him all morning to take me for breakfast. All I can think about is a large stack of pancakes with strawberries and whip cream. So we will head to the local Smitty's breakfast parlor soon. The hospital wants me to come back between 1pm-2pm if I haven't already started contractions. I am excited but nervous. I am hoping I start contractions on my own. If not, they will induce me this afternoon. That hurts... period..induction stinks...period... Travis is excited...Jaya is tired and cranky. I am hungry...

No comments: