Elynn let out a faint cry when she came out. The handed her to me and I cried. She was perfect! I had prayed for a little sister for Jaya and God answered my prayer. I am praying that someday they will be the best of friends! Travis cut the cord and we were taken to a new room.
Later that night Travis had to leave due to illness and Elynn and I spent the night at the High River Hospital. We spent the following day there with Travis, Jaya, Grandpa Pat, Kim, Monica, Tanya, and Lee for visitors.
By Wednesday afternoon they released us to go home. That old saying "It's not the size of the dog, but the size of the fight in the dog that counts, " perfectly describes our new little addition. She is sooooooooo small (3 weeks early) but she is strong. I have a hard time getting a diaper on her! She is quiet and sweet so far. Barely ever crying but loves to grunt late at night when she is hungry. Jaya is adapting to her new life of being a big sister well. She kisses Elynn on the forhead every chance she gets. Having Grandpa Joe and Oma here is making the adjustment easier as well!
Here are a few pics from her birth.....
No comments:
Post a Comment