Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Reader's Choice

Today admist laundry, cleaning out the fridge, pantry, and freezer I asked Jaya if she wanted to read a book. She smiled.... So I took out a few soft books and we started to read. Immediately she grabbed the book out of my hands and wanted to look at it herself. It was her way of saying, "Mom...I would rather read it on my own."

We are a family of readers. Travis reads to her at night and I read to her during the day. On Tuesdays we visit the library for 7 new books (I get bored with the ones we have already read 10X). Travis can be caught reading books on analytics, economics, and Western History (he is really smart/I'm hoping she gets his brains). I enjoy books on parenting/child behavior and FICTION (Just finished the Twilight Series). So we are really hoping Jaya learns to love books as much as we do. From this video, I think she is off to a great start....

No comments: