Things have been pretty hectic around here lately. My parents came to visit for a week from Colorado and I finished up a large project I had been working on for a month. My parents meet Travis's parents and they all seemed to hit it right off! My parents held Jaya the entire time and now that they have left she expects to be held 24 hours a day. They have created a monster and I am having a hard time forgiving them. We loved having them here though. My Dad's kept saying, "I had know idea Canada was so much like the US. They have a Safeway, McDonald's, Wendy's, etc." Yes Dad, we don't live in igloos or ride on dog sleds. We are quite civilized up here :-)
Jaya loved the attention from both sets of grandparents. She is really growing up fast (so cliche but true). She is now rolling over from her back to her stomach. She is beginning the teething process and therefore salivates and chews on her fist for most of the day. She has trained Travis well, he gets home from work and holds her for most of the evening. He is such a wonderful Dad and everything seems to be so natural for him. As for the mom gig, I am constantly on the Internet trying to figure out how to solve Jaya's issues. It doesn't come natural and if it weren't for the Internet I would be lost. I wonder how moms made it in the olden days without the Internet? ha ha
The three of us will be heading back to Nebraska on December 28th. We would love to catch up with my friends from Nebraska! We definitely miss all of you!
2 comments:
Jaya looks like she entirely approves of her position in life. Dayna looks very happy too. You all do. Millie Nelson in AL
Hey girl! We would love to hear from you when you get to Nebraska. If you have time call us, we would love to snuggle Jaya. Lee Anne & Shay
Post a Comment