Thursday, January 12, 2012

Singing each other to sleep

Bedtime is 7:30pm.  They have to go to bed even if they aren't tired.  We started music lessons a few months ago and therefore we are learning a lot of new songs.  Elynn and Jaya love to sing. Morning, noon, and night.  After our standard story, brush teeth, floss, water bottles, and bedtime prayers, we have them sing.  I tell them so sing each other to sleep.  Some days the singing lasts 2 minutes.  Some days the singing lasts 45 minutes.  Their light bulb is unscrewed and their door is shut.  So there really isn't much else for them to do.  But oh is it the sweetest sound I have ever heard.  It's beautiful...I sometimes stand outside their door and just listen.  They make up songs, they sing songs they know, and they make up words to songs they know.  Jaya sings loud and Elynn sings soft...It's amazing...It's beautiful...It has made bedtime a little more enjoyable for everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! How neat is that. PTL What a way to go to sleep.
Love,
Oma