I am once again behind on everything!!! Laundry, cleaning, blogging, however dinner and apple pie are ready for tonight and it's only 1:13pm! Wahooo! It's American Thanksgiving today and it's by far the hardest day of the entire year for me to live in Canada. We had big plans this year to spend it with other American families in condos in Canmore, Alberta, but had to cancel at the last minute due to a family emergency. (I swore last year I would never again have a CRAPTASTIC Thanksgiving) So this year I baked an extra apple pie for my neighbor Teresa who basically would give me her kidney if I needed it. It brightened my spirits to finally have the chance to do a "random act of kindness" for her.
Updates....Jaya is growing tall with long blonde hair. She asked me today if I thought she was pretty. I said, "open your mouth." She did and I looked down her throat. "Yes, Jaya you are very pretty on the INSIDE!!!" Jaya, "No, mom...on the OUTSIDE." Me..."Oh, yea and definitely on the outside too, but that's never what is most important :-)" She and Elynn are really just starting to be the BEST friends I had hoped and prayed they would be. Don't get me wrong. They still fight a lot, but we are having more hours of playing, laughing, and adventures around here.
Elynn is officially the little boy we never had. She loves tractors, cows, horses, making huge messes, boots, hats, jeans, and following Jaya around. She is quiet and strong. Funny and goofy. She is talking in full sentences now that both Travis, Jaya, and I understand. She is almost 2 and just about to get on the actual growth chart!! Yea!!
Rimini's said her first word this month at 7 months. Her first word was Da Da DAD DAD DA DA! I couldn't believe it! I am the one up 8x's a night with the little booger! She didn't get the individual time that E&J got with Dad but she figured out how to just this month. She now gets up at 5am with Dad every morning. She knows that if she gets up she gets him all to herself. I love him but I will never get up at 5am to hang out... She just said her second word too! Momm MOmma Mom mo mo mom. So she redeemed herself :-)
Travis is going 4 different directions and I am not sure how he manages. Between Western, home, church, and the ranch he is the hardest working person I have ever met in my life. I pray he doesn't wear himself down. But then again I am not sure he would have it any other way!
As for me I work my tail off and accomplish absolutely nothing. I have never worked so hard in my whole life and yet got so little done. I clean one mess up and another appears. I make snack, lunch, snack, and dinner. I try as much as possible to play with the girls. I know they won't be little for ever. We love our craft time together. I just feel as though most days are a blur....
No comments:
Post a Comment