Being a stay at home mom is the hardest job I have EVER had in my entire life. Long hours, NO DAYS OFF, lack of sleep, a laundry pile that won't ever just DIE, sweeping a floor only for a 1 year old to spill Cheerios all over it 10 minutes later, cooking dinner while holding Elynn and listening to Jaya screaming because she is over hungry and tired, stuck inside your house all day because it just snowed 4 inches, poopy diapers every two hours, never going to the bathroom or showering ALONE, and often long periods of extreme loneliness/homesickness, and to top it off your self esteem goes down the crapper... wow that was a rather long bi#%&* list :-) but there is a long list of wonderful things about it too! But today I am just writing about my authentic life. I fight with my husband, I scream at my children, and I sometimes curse in my head and out loud... Not proud of any of it. Being a stay at home mom is humbling. I needed to be humbled. God knew exactly what I needed....He made me a Mom :-) So here a few pics from my very real life.....
Friday, April 30, 2010
At times it's hard...
As I read over excerpts from previous blog posts I realize it sounds like my life is perfect... Hmmmmmmm....I wondered... That is not quite what I would like to portray. My life is not perfect...It's real! It's authentic...
Being a stay at home mom is the hardest job I have EVER had in my entire life. Long hours, NO DAYS OFF, lack of sleep, a laundry pile that won't ever just DIE, sweeping a floor only for a 1 year old to spill Cheerios all over it 10 minutes later, cooking dinner while holding Elynn and listening to Jaya screaming because she is over hungry and tired, stuck inside your house all day because it just snowed 4 inches, poopy diapers every two hours, never going to the bathroom or showering ALONE, and often long periods of extreme loneliness/homesickness, and to top it off your self esteem goes down the crapper... wow that was a rather long bi#%&* list :-) but there is a long list of wonderful things about it too! But today I am just writing about my authentic life. I fight with my husband, I scream at my children, and I sometimes curse in my head and out loud... Not proud of any of it. Being a stay at home mom is humbling. I needed to be humbled. God knew exactly what I needed....He made me a Mom :-) So here a few pics from my very real life.....




Being a stay at home mom is the hardest job I have EVER had in my entire life. Long hours, NO DAYS OFF, lack of sleep, a laundry pile that won't ever just DIE, sweeping a floor only for a 1 year old to spill Cheerios all over it 10 minutes later, cooking dinner while holding Elynn and listening to Jaya screaming because she is over hungry and tired, stuck inside your house all day because it just snowed 4 inches, poopy diapers every two hours, never going to the bathroom or showering ALONE, and often long periods of extreme loneliness/homesickness, and to top it off your self esteem goes down the crapper... wow that was a rather long bi#%&* list :-) but there is a long list of wonderful things about it too! But today I am just writing about my authentic life. I fight with my husband, I scream at my children, and I sometimes curse in my head and out loud... Not proud of any of it. Being a stay at home mom is humbling. I needed to be humbled. God knew exactly what I needed....He made me a Mom :-) So here a few pics from my very real life.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is my favorite post EVER! Love you!
I remember all that honest living when my kids were small. Wouldn't do it over, but would not have missed it for the world. Millie Nelson
Post a Comment