Thursday, January 29, 2009

Jaya is 5 Months Old Today

Jaya is 5 months old today! Stand back people....we have teeth! On the 23rd of January her first two bottom teeth arrived. She is constantly touching them or trying to figure out new ways to get anyone to touch them. If she can hold an object it will soon by doused by her mouth and slobber. She has her own language now. She talks to us just like we would understand what she is saying. We have no idea what she is saying, but we have a lot of fun playing along.

When she is really excited she starts breathing really hard and flapping her hands like a bird. Her little nostrils flare and her eyes get big. This is a common occurrence throughout the day. It makes me feel good...As if Travis and I must be doing something right! We are also starting to see small temper tantrums when she doesn't get what she wants. I am hoping that resides soon. (but I have a feeling it is here to stay)

We have her on a great schedule now. It is making our lives easier and she seems much more comfortable. She naps from 10am-11am and 2:30-3:30 and then heads to the bathtub at 7pm. (nap time is when I actually really accomplish anything) Travis and I rotate the bathing process. She seems to love the water and her bath toys. We then put her pj's on and she gets her second dinner while her Dad reads her a story. She has a hard time eating because she wants to watch Travis read and look at the pictures. By 7:30pm we lay her down and play music for her. With in a few short minutes she is fast asleep.

She is still having difficulty sleeping. On a bad night she is up 4-5 times. On a good night she is up twice. I am longing for the days she sleeps through the night. A vacation right now would be a full night's sleep...forget the beach!

We are enjoying being back in Canada. I can't say I missed the weather up here but both Jaya and I missed Travis terribly. When he is home she just stares at him when he talks. She will stop whatever she is doing and just listen to his deep voice. When I talk she seems to ignore me and just goes on playing. I had no idea that would start so young :-(

We loved our time in Colorado with my parents. They spoiled us rotten. We are looking forward to seeing them again in May.

No comments: