Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy New Year 2009

We spent Christmas with the Hickey family. We played games, ate way to much food, and were spoiled with presents. The Christmas holiday flew-by so quickly. Jaya's first Christmas included eating wrapping paper and being held all day long by aunts and uncles. Jaya's entire Christmas was well documented on both film and photo. She has more baby pictures then both Travis and I combined.

After Christmas Jaya and I went up with Travis's parents and met the whole Hickey family. Travis headed to Nebraska via my car. Poor guy, that is the second time in four months he has had to drive all 25 hours by himself. Jaya and I ended up flying to Nebraska the next day. Jaya didn't say a peep on either flight and therefore I feel like I got the better end of that deal. Back in Nebraska it was all work and no play. We packed for a week straight. I had every intention of meeting up with old friends, soccer parents, and co-workers, but half way through the packing process Jaya and I came down with the FLU!!! I was so sick I could barely get out of bed. I went to Hyvee for flu medicine and they were sold out. Needless to say I did not get a chance to visit barely anyone. I was heartbroken...

After our recovery, Travis headed straight to Colorado with all of my belongings. Jaya, my mother, and I followed shortly after with the leftovers. Once again Jaya was a champ during the long 8 hour car ride. Travis purchased a car for us, caught the flu bug, and drove it back to Canada only to be stopped at the border and denied entry. He was not allowed to bring a US liscensed car into Canada. He ended up parking the car and flying from Montana to Calgary. It was a mess to say the least.

Jaya and I are still here in Colorado. The snow has followed me from Canada. I can't escape it no matter how hard I try. Jaya is enjoying the attention she is getting from Grandpa Joe and Oma. I am working on wedding plans, paying bills, and attemping to get fit again. (my mom and I just bought a wedding dress and it is pretty forgiving) We will be returning to Canada on the 23rd. Travis is back at work and finds the condo to be extremely quiet with out us. (isn't that hard to believe?) I am enjoying the time with my parents. We won't see them again until the wedding and after that probably not until Christmas next year.

Jaya is almost four and a half months old. She has the most beautiful smile and is attempting to talk more and more every day. We are all looking forward to 2009!

No comments: