Monday, November 17, 2008

Jaya VS Dad & Mom



Travis and I have been on a mission the past 9 weeks to get Jaya to take both a pacifier and a bottle. She has objected on every occasion to say the least. We have had others try with no avail. She screams when either object comes within 2 inches of her mouth. Yesterday, my dear boyfriend was ready for battle. We had a frozen pizza, two Starbucks coffees, and rented movies to last the day. We weren't leaving the house until Jaya would take a bottle. We started at 8am yesterday and by 6PM Jaya drank down her first bottle. I am not sure who's will was stronger, Travis or Jaya's. I was a wimp. I wanted to give up after two hours. He just held her, rocked her, as she scream, fussed, and pouted. In my opinion it had to be the longest most miserable day of parenting I have experienced. But Travis is an optimised and said by the end of the day, "We really made a lot of progress today." He was right by the end of the day Jaya was taking both the pacifier and the bottle.

I don't think I have the heart to tell him that she wouldn't take either again from me today. She prefers it fresh directly from the source. I'll keep trying but I am hoping he doesn't notice :-)

I thought this picture was fitting. She is worn out. I am worn out. She did this with the blanket. Please note: No children were harmed in the photograph.

No comments: