Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Rash From Hell

It all began one week ago Tuesday with Elynn in the High River ER. The ER doctor was concerned she had Meningitis so we were rushed by ambulance to the Children's Hospital in Calgary. Six hours later she was diagnosed with a severe ear infection. The doctor said he would be putting her on Amoxicillin and Codine. I told him that my husband was allergic to penicillin and I was extremely allergic to amoxicillin. We also both reacted to Codine. He blew me off and said that shouldn't be a concern. She threw up most of the night from the Codine and here we are 7 days later with the most horrific rash known to an 11 month old. I feel like calling that doctor and making him shove Benadryl down her throat 6 times a day. The past two days she has been nothing short of miserable. My heart breaks for her. The first photos are just the beginning stages of the rash. It got worse...much worse. After two ER visits yesterday there is a slight chance she is now allergic to Biaxin too. Travis and I have been up at night with her and are trying everything to make her comfortable. It's been a tough week and we just want to see our beautiful baby healthy and happy again...







No comments: