Not a day goes bye that I won't hear, "you have the happiest baby I have ever seen," or "isn't that the biggest smile, or "wow, she sure isn't shy" (after Jaya greeted them with "Hi" 15 times) She not only brings so much joy into my life, but the lives of complete strangers as well. She is walking, talking, and getting into everything!
Daily she pats my belly and smiles. I tell her the new baby is in there, but I think she just enjoys patting my big tummy (23 weeks.) She doesn't want to be held much anymore. She weighs about 18 pounds and therefore cannot face forward in her carseat yet(the rule is 1 year old and 20 pounds) After naps and when she is tired she will give me tons of sweet hugs and kisses. Outside of that I have become rather uncool (so soon???)
Most of our play pal moms have gone back to work. (maternity leave here is 52 weeks) Leaving very few play options for Jaya during the week. It's been a tough few weeks for the both of us. She wants to get out of the condo more and I miss the motherhood companionship. Jaya still loves the swim pool, park, and Granny's house on Wednesday mornings. Somedays I find myself roaming the isles of Walmart with her. We spend tons of time at the library picking out new books. On Sundays she goes into the nursery at church. She seems to love it.
We love skyping with Oma, Granny, Grandpa Joe, and Amy! Jaya's new cousing was born on the 29th of August. Maizey Rae McGiven! She is amazing and we were thrilled to hear she will be sharing a birthday with Jaya.
No comments:
Post a Comment